Production planning & Control Date 24 – 25 February 2020, Location – Antwerp, Belgium
An effective production planning & control system helps to maintain inventory at proper level, hence minimizes wastage. It helps to have better control over raw material inventory, which contributes to effective purchasing. Having in place a sound system of production planning & control, everything in relate to production is planned well in advance of operation. Therefore, it helps in minimizing capital investment in equipment and inventories.To get the most value out of our resources we must design production processes that make products most efficiently. Managing the operation means planning for and controlling the resources used in the process.
For efficient, effective and economical operation in a manufacturing unit of an organization, it is essential to integrate the production planning and control system. Production planning and subsequent production control follow adaption of product design and finalization of a production process.Production planning is required for scheduling, dispatch, inspection, quality management, inventory management, supply management and equipment management. Production control ensures that production team can achieve required production target, optimum utilization of resources, quality management and cost savings.
- Manufacturing Planning and Control
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Demand Management& Forecasting
- Sales & Operations Planning
- Master Production Scheduling
- Material Requirements Planning
- Advanced MRP
- Capacity Planning and Management
- Production Activity Control
- Advanced Scheduling /Just-in-Time
- Distribution Requirements Planning
- Management of Supply Chain Logistics
- Order Point Inventory Control Methods
- Strategy and MPC System Design
- Appendix Areas of the Standard Normal Distribution
This course provides you with profound insights into how to coordinate the supply, production and distribution functions. It will also teach you how to balance conflicting objectives to minimize the total of all the costs involved and maximize customer service.
What You Will Learn:
- Manufacturing Planning and Control (MPC) system framework
• How Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) connects the functional units
• How MPC fits within ERP
• Performance metrics to evaluate Integrated System Effectiveness
• Monitoring the demand management system
• Sales & operations planning in the firm
• Master production scheduling techniques
• Materials requirements planning (MRP) in MPC
• Indented bills of material (BOM)
• The role of capacity planning in MPC system
• The linkages between MRP and Production Activity Control (PAC)
• Just in Time (JIT) impact on MPC
• Supply chain logistical elements
• Determining inventory systems performance
- Understand the role of operations management in the overall business strategy of the firm.
- Understand the interdependence of the operating system with other key functional areas of the firm.
- Recall the history and trends of operations management and lean methods.
- Understand the application of operations management policies and techniques to the service sector, as well as to manufacturing firms.
- Practice some of the quantitative methods used in operations management for decision making and demonstrate the range of tools appropriate for analysis of operating systems.
- Identify and evaluate comparative approaches to operations management in a global context.
- Understand the importance of a manufacturing system and its relationship to the supply chain.
- Identify and evaluate the key factors and the interdependence of these factors in the design of effective operating systems.
- Assess process improvement and problems from a systems perspective and examine and evaluate new concepts and methods of operations management.
- Manufacturing and the Supply Chain
- The Business Planning Cycle
- Forecasting Inventory Requirements
- Capacity Requirements Planning
- Aggregate Planning and S&OP
- Master Scheduling Management Methods
- Production Planning and Control
- Job Sequencing
- Material Requirements Planning (MRP)
- Inventory Planning and Control
Antwerp is a port city on Belgium’s River Scheldt, with history dating to the Middle Ages. In its center, the centuries-old Diamond District houses thousands of diamond traders, cutters and polishers.
You may also be interested in our Process Hazard Analysis Masterclass
We also organize In-house training session on this topic, so if you are looking for In-house training in Corrosion Under Insulation then click here. We Deliver In-house training for Corrosion Under Insulation in all countries and all time zones