Legal labels and EU food Law Date 27 – 28 February 2020, Location – Brussel, Belgium
This two-day Legal Labels and EU Food Law course provides you with comprehensive training on EU food labelling and other legislation applicable to food product compliance. You will be given a unique overview of all relevant EU food regulatory areas, focusing on labelling rules, followed by a day on key controls for product compliance such as food safety, additive controls, contaminants and food contact materials.
Day 1 (Mandatory labeling & Labelling claims): will focus on how to ensure the compliance of a food and drink label with the mandatory requirements of the Food Information to Consumers Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 (FIC). Also, addresses voluntary aspects of labelling, such as nutrition & health claims.
Day 2 (EU food law): covers an introduction to the general principles of EU food law and key areas related to food safety and formulation compliance such as hygiene controls, novel foods, genetically modified foods, contaminants, food contact materials, pesticides and food improvement agents (food additives, enzymes, flavourings) with a practical workshop on how to check the acceptability of these agents in foods.
Topics covered include:
- General principles and application of EU food law
- Divergent national food legislation
- Mandatory labelling information
(including product descriptions, ingredient listing, allergen labelling, nutrition information and quantity marking)
- Nutrition & health claims and fortification
- Marketing claims
- Product specific standards and labelling
- Food safety and hygiene controls
- Food additives and flavourings
- How to find food legislation and guidance
- Interactive workshops on additives and labelling
From this course you will:
- Receive an introduction to the challenges of managing the EU and national regulatory requirements to ensure product compliance
- Get updated on the latest EU food legislation requirements
- Gain a thorough understanding of food labelling rules and industry issues including nutrition and health claims and allergens
- Receive guidance from Leatherhead’s regulatory consultants on applying your knowledge in practice
- Get the opportunity to discuss challenging regulatory issues such as the Union lists on food additives & flavourings, and the EU food information to consumers (FIC) provisions
- Learn from expert tutors how to make use of relevant examples and practical exercises to understand key labelling ‘problem’ areas
- Consolidate your learning in interactive sessions
Who should attend?
- New starters/returnees in regulatory compliance roles
- Regulatory, NPD and technical managers who wish to ensure their knowledge is up-to-date
- Enforcement officers with food standards responsibilities
- Anybody in the food industry with responsibility for product compliance and label sign off
The City of Brussels is the largest municipality and historical centre of the Brussels-Capital Region, and the capital of Belgium. Besides the strict centre, it also covers the immediate northern outskirts where it borders municipalities in Flanders.
You may also be interested in our Process Hazard Analysis Masterclass
We also organize In-house training session on this topic, so if you are looking for In-house training in Corrosion Under Insulation then click here. We Deliver In-house training for Corrosion Under Insulation in all countries and all time zones