Health & Safety In construction Enviornment Date Date 24 – 25 February , Location – Antwerp, Belgium
About the course :This course is ideal for people who work in, or want to work in, a construction environment and has been specifically designed to provide successful candidates with a route to applying for the Green Labourer CSCS Card. The course is supported by the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) and will provide a basic awareness of health and safety within construction.
During this course, learners will develop a good understanding of health and safety in the context of construction, so that they can work safely in this environment.
This qualification covers the following topics:
- Principles of risk assessment for maintaining and improving health and safety at work
- Common causes of work-related fatalities and injuries
- Method statements and their use
- Health and safety definitions
- Hazards and risks in the construction environment
- Importance of safe manual handling in the workplace and employees’ responsibilities
- Principles of safer manual handling
- Importance of working safely at height in the workplace and employees’ responsibilities
- Hazards and potential risks associated with working at height and controls
- Risks to health within a construction environment (including asbestos exposure)
- Types of personal protective equipment (PPE) that may be used when dealing with hazardous materials
- Hazards and potential risks associated with working around plant and equipment and controls
- Hazard warning signs and symbols
- And much more!
Topics covered will include:
- Risk assessments
- Method statements
- Manual handling
- Accidents at work
- Site safety
- Working at heights
Who the course is for
Anyone who works on or around a construction site or has cause to visit the site in the course of their work.
Remember, it is your responsibility to provide your staff with the training to ensure your site is fully compliant with safety, health and environmental regulations.
What the course covers
- Health and safety issues to be managed in the construction industry to protect employees, contractors, neighbours and others
- The basics of local law
- The importance of risk assessments and method statements and the development process
- Site requirements for the welfare of construction workers on site
- Hazards and controls associated with construction sites and activities including working at height and confined spaces
- Site environmental management including management of waste and ecology
What employers will get
- Globally-recognised and respected certificated training for their workers
- Peace of mind offered by training that’s designed and quality-assured by the Chartered body for safety and health professionals
- A course that can be delivered in time-slots that suit the business
- Fewer hours lost due to sickness and accidents, resulting in greater productivity
- Improved, company-wide safety awareness culture and appreciation for safety measures
- Proactive staff involvement to improve the workplace
- Enhanced reputation within the supply chain
Antwerp is a port city on Belgium’s River Scheldt, with history dating to the Middle Ages. In its center, the centuries-old Diamond District houses thousands of diamond traders, cutters and polishers.
You may also be interested in our Process Hazard Analysis Masterclass
We also organize In-house training session on this topic, so if you are looking for In-house training in Corrosion Under Insulation then click here. We Deliver In-house training for Corrosion Under Insulation in all countries and all time zones