RBI stands for Risk Based Inspection and is a methodology applied in the Hydrocarbon and Chemical Processing Industry as part of their Process Safety Management. This is done in order to operate and manage assets and Equipment which is exposed to hazardous chemicals and pressure in a safe manner. The approach is one of many methodologies used to maintain assets are in a safe and reliable condition to keep the chemicals/fluids/gases inside of the pressure boundaries as per the original design criteria. In most countries around the globe, the surveillance of these pressure vessels or pipelines containing hazardous chemicals are regulated with rigid inspection programs.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Inspection & Maintenance personnel
- Materials & Corrosion engineers
- Plant Reliability engineers
- Non-destructive testing engineers
- Materials and corrosion engineers
- Plant inspectors responsible for managing the integrity of ageing process equipment, pipelines, boilers and storage tanks
- Technicians responsible for the safe on -going operation of pressure containing equipment in oil and gas facilities and HSE personnel
- Production and other plant engineers
- Unit & Maintenance superintendents/supervisors
- Refinery, Petrochemical, Fertilizer and Process Industries
- Design & Engineering Consulting Organizations
- Asset Integrity Professionals
- Whoever is working related to RBI
- OBTAIN highly practical approaches to a strategy that will help to improve and optimize inspection activities and effort whilst maintaining or even improving safety
- IMPLEMENT new systems for your own organization that will assist in developing inspection excellence
- GAIN new techniques and discover new tools that will improve your inspection and asset integrity performance
- IMPROVE your own way of dealing with inspection issues by self assessment and worked examples
- LEARN the value of generic and individual knowledge and specific data
- LEVERAGE the value of information to develop effective decision making strategies
- FOCUS your time, skills and capabilities on critical areas that will make a significant difference to your asset performance
- BENCHMARK against best practices
- Reliability Risk Assessment and Analysis, Data acquisition and handling for RBI implementation, Specification of risk ranking level and determination of the respective risk acceptance level
- Development and Validation of Risk based Inspection Plans, Opportunities to Improve RBI, Guidelines of various codes like API 580 and API 581, Validation and Extension of Inspection Intervals.
- RBI for New Plants, Integrating RBI into Plant Management Systems on a Global Basis (Storage Tanks, Piping, Heat Exchanger bundles and Pressure Safety Valves etc)
- Risk Management in the Chemical Process Industry, Adopting the Risk Based Strategies for enhancing Reliability
- Survey of Large Losses in the Process Industry, Mechanical Integrity Improvements and Challenges after a major incident.
- Risk Analysis & Integrity Operating Windows (IOW)
- Development of a Corrosion Management Plan
- Inspection and Practices: applied to Pressure Vessels, Piping, PRVs, Storage Tanks. Specification of the necessary inspection and maintenance tasks
- Leak Detection & Integrity Monitoring, Equipment Failure Investigations/Equipment Repair
- Risk mitigation techniques as a tool for Asset Integrity Management, Engineering Evaluations and Fitness for Service (FFS) Assessments and Remaining Life Analysis (RLA)
- Plant Hazards and risk mitigation by HAZOP study, Identification of failure/ leaks using advanced NDT techniques for effective RBI, Shutdown and Turnaround optimization using RBI Techniques.
- Various Codes and Standards API, ASME etc.
- Case Studies