Event Date 05 – 06 June, Location – Amsterdam, The Netherland
This 2-day Decommissioning of Offshore Installations training course will provide delegates with a detailed awareness and understanding of all aspects of offshore decommissioning from ‘late life operations’ through planning, preparation, execution and close out.
This training course will be an interactive course delivered through 11 sessions taking the delegates through a ‘decommissioning journey’ gradually going in to more detail with each day progresses. Delegates will take part in discussion and exercises for decommissioning a typical field. The sessions will contain both PowerPoint and video presentations with support documentation provided. Case studies and lessons learnt will also be shared with the delegates.
WHO IS THIS TRAINING COURSE FOR?
- Oil and Gas Operator key management and project
- personnel (asset management,operations,subseacommercial)
- Contractor/supply chain management/key personnel
- Regulator key personnel involved with decommissioning
- Certifying authority’s key management and engineering personnel
- Key stakeholders
- Lead and project engineers (marine, structural, HSE, environment, structural, subsea, maintenance
THIS TRAINING COURSE WILL HIGHLIGHT
- The key components of decommissioning
- Regulatory issues
- Decommissioning strategies
- Decommissioning options
- End of field life
- Cessation of production
- Cost estimates and planning
- Cessation of production
- Well abandonment
- Comparative assessment
- Decommissioning sub-sea infrastructure
- Removal and disposal/recycling of facilities and closeout
- Challenges and key risks
WHAT ARE THE GOALS?
The key objective of this training course is to provide the delegates with a detailed understanding of all aspects of decommissioning.
BY THE END OF THIS TRAINING COURSE, PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN TO:
- Plan and execute decommissioning strategies
- Develop scopes for the various phases of decommissioning
- Identify and manage decommissioning interphases
- Produce a Decommissioning Program
KEY DELEGATE BENEFITS OF THIS TRAINING COURSE ARE
- A unique learning experience through decommissioning related exercises
- Interaction with other professionals
- Opportunity to see how decommissioning challenges are managed internationally
- Opportunity to see and discuss future changes and technologies for decommissioning
Meet your Prominent Facilitator
Principle Decommissioning Service, UK
MSc in Project Management (Aberdeen University) – with dissertation in decommissioning. Publications ‘Decommissioning Strategies for 21st Century’ and numerous papers/presentations Circa 40 years of Oil and Gas experience, primarily within construction engineering and management both UK and international.
Retired from Wood Group in December 2013 after 23 years service with the last 17 years being responsible for their decommissioning activities as Decommissioning Manager and now working as a Decommissioning Advisor for various clients and also a trainer for decommissioning related courses (UK, US, Australia, Malaysia, Holland, Thailand and Dubai).
- Responsible for circa 100 decommissioning studies from liability/conceptual studies through detail engineering and implementation.
- Key role in development of Wood Group decommissioning strategy (prior to retirement)
- Advisor and project manager for BG in establishing decommissioning group
- Active participant in decommissioning industry work groups
- Regular presenter at decommissioning events
- Team leader for decommissioning workshops both UK and international
- Implementation manager for the decommissioning of Brent Spar in Norway