CUI Event Date 26-27 March, Location – Abu Dhabi.
CORROSION MASTERCLASS OVERVIEW
CUI is currently the subject of increased focus for the industrial process industries. Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI) refers to the external corrosion of piping and vessels that occurs underneath externally clad/jacketed insulation as a result of the penetration of water. By its very nature CUI tends to remain undetected until the insulation and cladding/jacketing is removed to allow inspection or when leaks occur. CUI annual global control spend is estimated as €2 billion yet there continue to be CUI failures, many of which are significant in terms of safety, cost and reputation
MATERIALS AND CORROSION TRAINING HIGHLIGHTS
- In this training find out why CUI remains a billion-dollar worldwide industry problem
- In this training understand the effectiveness of current CUI controls for carbon and stainless steels
- In this training under what circumstances is design life achievable?
- In this training ask questions about different published CUI guidance
- In this training learn about latest CUI innovation directions
- In this training benefit from interactive teaching and the combined experience of our trainers
- In this training familiarize yourself with Case Studies that demonstrate leading industry solutions
- A SPECIAL FEATURE Bring your own Case Study or current challenge – the Corrosion Training will offer a unique opportunity for participants to bring along their own cases for class review
- Engage in technical, scientific and practical discussions
KEY TOPICS OF CORROSION OF METALS WORKSHOP
- Key characteristics of CUI
- CUI management strategies
- Risk-based screening for inspection & remedial work
- Design considerations
- Insulation systems & protective coatings (corrosion protection)
- Under what circumstances will Thermally Sprayed Aluminium (TSA) coatings give a life of 25+ years?
- CUI Non-Destructive evaluation techniques
- Operational safety risk management
- Common avoidable problems
- Corrosion control challenges & latest innovations
- CUI case studies
WHO SHOULD ATTEND CORROSION CONTROL TECHNOLOGIES TRAINING?
The world’s top Oil & Gas companies attended this course
- Engineers & managers responsible for the reliable and safe design and operation of insulated pressure systems should attend this masterclass
- New build projects and ageing plant should attend this masterclass
- LNG, Petrochemical, Refinery, Upstream Oil & Gas, Onshore and Offshore sectors should attend this masterclass
- Integrity, Corrosion, Inspection, Maintenance, Process, Safety, Mechanical, Projects and Operations discipline engineers should attend this masterclass
- Plant technicians and site trades personnel who deal with repair and rehabilitation of existing plant pipework, pipelines and vessels should attend this masterclass
- Operators, Engineering contractors, Service providers, Regulators should attend this masterclass