Corrosion Control in Gas, Oil & Water Date 24 – 25 Febuary 2020, Location – Antwerp, Belgium
Why Choose this Training Course?
The production of gas and oil is often accompanied by water and acid gases, such as (H2S) and (CO2) are often present in produced fluids. These increase the corrosivity of the process, which can significantly impact the safe operating life of pipes and equipment. Additionally, the build-up of corrosion and bacterial by-products on the equipment walls can cause problems with the equipment’s operation.
The potential consequences of internal and external corrosion represent both safety and economic concerns to various sectors of the industry. Corrosion is fought by a complex system of monitoring, preventative repairs and careful use of materials.
This intensive PetroKnowledge training course examines the types of corrosion and corrosion control in the gas, oil and water industry and provides an overview of specific process descriptions, and focuses on the examination and identification of metallurgical problems in process units and methods of corrosion monitoring, control and damage reduction.
This training course will feature:
- Fundamental corrosion principles and mechanisms
- Types of corrosion that are related to the oil, gas and water
- Materials of Construction for process applications
- Corrosion Monitoring and inspection Methods
- Aspects of Corrosion inspection and anti corrosion management and mitigation
What are the Goals? At the end of this training course, participants will:
- Understand the basic principles of corrosion and its mechanisms
- Learn about the different types of corrosion, related to oil, gas and water
- Understand the application of corrosion protection techniques including cathodic protection, coatings and inhibitors
- Have a knowledge of basic metallurgical considerations and Materials of Construction for corrosion resistance
- Recognize and define corrosion for applications and equipment related to oil, gas and water
- Learn about corrosion inspection and monitoring techniques and methods of corrosion mitigation
Who is this Training Course for?
This training course is geared towards; personnel wishing to increase their knowledge and understanding of corrosion in the refining industry, including:
- Process Engineers
- Inspectors and Inspection Supervisors
- Equipment Engineers
- Maintenance Engineers and Planners
- Design Engineers
- Service Company Representatives
Antwerp is a port city on Belgium’s River Scheldt, with history dating to the Middle Ages. In its center, the centuries-old Diamond District houses thousands of diamond traders, cutters and polishers.
You may also be interested in our Process Hazard Analysis Masterclass
We also organize In-house training session on this topic, so if you are looking for In-house training in Corrosion Under Insulation then click here. We Deliver In-house training for Corrosion Under Insulation in all countries and all time zones